Thursday 11 May 2017

Chelle's D'Zines Introduced

Hello and welcome to the new blog.  I have decided to make a blog which displays some of my creative outlets.  I am like any other crafter and learning as I go. I love to watch youtube videos gathering tips and creative inspiration.  I enjoy pinterest and love gathering ideas to try out.  Sometimes it's a fail and sometimes it's successful.  Finding fun in the journey along the way is the most important part.

A couple of crafty things you might run into here are crocheting projects and stamping, mostly card making.  We have a very large family and I'm constantly making some kind of Birthday card or some other kind of holiday card (ex: Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc...)  My hubby thinks I'm crazy but I also enjoy making Thank you cards for when we have a babysitter.  I find it so awkward to just hand over a fistful of cash.  So putting it into a card with a little thank you note makes me feel less awkward about the exchange of cold hard cash.  It also gives me a reason to play with my many toys.

I have always been into being crafty.  It's just been in the last 2.5 years that I started crocheting.  When I had my second child (I have a boy and two girls) I was given a beautiful gift from someone who had donated it to the hospital for the next baby girl to be born.  In that gift was a beautiful crocheted blanket.  It is super soft and baby pink.  Well my son kept stealing it from his sister because he liked it so much.  When I explained to him that it was his sisters he looked so sad.  I asked him if he wanted mama to make one for him and he said yes.  Which I turned around and said, yikes, I guess I'll have to learn how to crochet now.  Insert many many youtube videos until I found one that I felt comfortable following.  Let's just say that the large granny square blanket I made him has 5 points rather than the typical 4 a square is use to seeing....so it's better right?  Doesn't matter to him he still sleeps with it every night 2 years later.
This is a blanket and hat set I made recently for a baby gift.

The card making thing is a more recent addiction.  Yes it is that, an addiction.  I'm not ashamed to call it that. I was introduced to it at a bible study free activity day.  We had a couple of Stampin' Up demonstrators in our group who volunteered to show us how to make a couple of Christmas cards.  As soon as we got into I was hooked. There's no turning back now.  As much as I enjoy Stampin' Up products, I find them a little too mature for my style and tend to lean towards the more cute-sy companies.  I love the freedom in creativity that making a card provides.  It's also a small enough project that it doesn't take you forever and a day to make. Which I value as I have 3 kids 4 years old and younger.  Also if you're not super happy with the outcome you can quickly fix it or move on to the next one.  B (my hubby) will remind me at times that most people will just recycle the card, or not notice the tiniest detail.  Which I reply back that to me it's fun, I enjoy it and what they recipient does with it is there business.  I hope they just a get a little joy out of it.


In these pictures you'll notice the envelope under the card.  I try to decorate the envelope a little bit as well.  It's usually a lot more simple than the card, yet it's the part I stress about the most.  Funny little things in life.




Well that's all for today.  Until next time.  Happy crafting
Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment